Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Thing in the Window

I live in a rural area in Ontario. I live on a street that is surrounded by farms and has only one exit. It was the middle of October in 2008. My mom had taken my brother to a birthday party and my dad was at the end of the street working in the community garden. The fields were filled with corn stalks and were almost 5 feet tall. We were always told never go into the fields because "the children of the corn" would get us. I was 14 at the time and I was at the end of my driveway waiting for my mom to get home.

I was passing time by throwing stones in the ditch that separated the fields and the road. I heard a rustle in the corn but didn't take much notice. We had mice, raccoons and countless other animals that lived in and around the corn fields. After a few minutes I heard another rustle and what sounded like a corn stalk breaking, this time closer. I stood up. There was a long growl unlike anything I've heard before. I started to back away when a black hairy figure emerged. It was about 4 feet tall with arms that reached above the knee. It let out another long growl and I turned and ran. It yelled once more and I was pretty sure it followed me. I ran inside and locked the door behind me. I hid in a closet until my dad came home.

Sent in by Mattamus, Copyright 2011 Ghost-Space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment