Monday, March 7, 2011

Thrown Things and Slamming Door was it a Poltergeist?

When I was about twelve years old, my older sister and I had been home alone, and my sister had just cooked a huge pot of macaroni and cheese, which was delicious.

Anyways, after we were both sitting down at the table, with the stove turned off and the pot still containing macaroni sitting on the back burner, as far away from the front as possible, we were chatting. We suddenly heard a loud BANG, and when we turned around, the pot of macaroni was flipped upside down on the kitchen floor. I was a little freaked out, but my sister dismissed it as "the cat." All of our cats are outdoors. None of them were inside at the time. A few weeks later, my parents, my sister, and I had just returned from dinner out on the town. They all entered the house before me via the front door, which is light weight and stays open when opened, and it opens into the house. However, I was about to walk in the front door, and I had my hand on the door frame to pull off my cowboy boots, when all of a sudden the door slammed shut on my hand. It didn't just drift. It slammed, like someone had intentionally slammed it. I couldn't feel my fingers, and I panicked. I started to yell for my parents, who came running. When they saw my hand in the door, they immediately asked me how I managed it. I said I didn't know. I asked if my sister was at the door, and they said no, she was with them. They blamed it on the dog.

My final experience (I'm now 16, and haven't had another experience since this one), was that night, after my hand had been wrapped up in bandages. I don't usually dust in my room, so my bookshelf was pretty dusty. I went to grab a book to read that night for school, and the book I had to read was on its own, with a heavy layer of dust beside it. I casually glanced at the dust like I normally did, and I saw the words "I'm Sorry. Forgive Me." Written in the dust. I believe it was the ghost, who I had originally thought was a poltergeist, because of the macaroni incident. Instead of becoming alarmed, I wrote back: You Are Forgiven. I never heard from it again.

After reading this last experience, I'm sure some of you may have thought that my sister wrote in the dust. I asked her about it, and she said that she hadn't been in my room. I believed her, and still do.

Sent in by Intrigued, Copyright 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment