Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Night Spirit?

My mother told me this tale many years ago. I've never been able to forget it or explain it. It happened when my older brother was 5 or 6 years old, before I was born.

This happened about 1965 or 1966. Back then, a lot of people believed that the human spirit could leave your body when you were sleeping and only came back when the body woke up.

My brother was spending the night at his cousin's house. About 3 o'clock the next morning, my mom says that she was awoken by my brother calling her. When she sat up in bed, she felt something light as a feather brush by her side and go out the open window at the head of their bed. My dad woke up and asked her what was wrong.

The next day when my brother came home, my mom told her sister what had happened. Her sister told her that at exactly the same time, 3 a.m., my brother had woke up calling out for my mom.

To this day, they believe that my brother's spirit was traveling that night. What do you think?

Sent in by Mary Perkins, Copyright 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment