Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Footsteps in the Dark

I moved into an apartment about four months ago. Last night, I woke up to odd sounds in the next room. I thought it was the cat jumping up on the rocker a couple of times. It sounded like someone moving about. I thought how odd that the cat would do that but couldn’t wrap my mind around what it could be. Then, there were fast heavy footsteps crossing the living room floor. My boyfriend jumped up. (I didn’t know the noise had awakened him, too, until this point.) I said “Where are you going?” as he darted into the next room. He said he heard someone in the living room. A chill went up my spine and I followed him. I pushed the rocker and it is quiet as can be when someone sits in it. My boyfriend checked all the rooms, closets included. He unlocked front and back doors. He and went outside to look and went into the basement. We live upstairs. There are two large dogs in the apartment below. They bark loudly when they hear any sounds on the back stairs, which they did when he headed down there.

My boyfriend insists someone was in the house (like a real person). I don’t believe anybody could have gotten down the stairs that fast without being caught. The doors were locked and the cat was in the bedroom. My boyfriend believes someone was watching us as we slept and quickly darted into the other room when he saw us stirring. But where did he go?

Sent in by Linda, Copyright 2010 Ghost-Space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment