Monday, August 23, 2010

Sleep Paralysis and Fear

I have always suffered from this sleep problem since I was about 11 or 12 years old, I couldn't understand why this happened to me. As you know in those times, back in the 50's and 60's, things of this nature were kept behind close doors. As a child that I was it was very frightful, I knew I was awake but there was nothing I could do about it. The feeling of fear that I had was very overwhelming, I couldn't turn to my family because of there old fashion ways. The nightmare happened to me twice a week, I could hear my mother's voice or someone standing next to me while I lay helplessly in bed, not able to move... The pressure I felt on my chest was very bad and at time I felt pain.  But as time passed by, I noticed it only happens when I'm laying face up in bed or on my tummy, never on my side.

As the years pass by I learn to control theses feeling by praying and trying not to think about what was around me, and ride this feeling of fear away from me. As time passes by I had less and less nightmares, and now that I'm older I don't have them no more... but still even now in the back of my mind, I will always remember what happen to me as a child.

Sent in by Lucy Chevere, Copyright 2010

More on Sleep Paralysis: Sleep Paralysis Stories

1 comment:

  1. i have been having sleep paralysis since i was 8 years old the worst ever i still get them i still dont understand why i get them but sometimes i will have light ones where i feel it but i just let my body go it feels like and out of body experience. i had one last night before going to sleep with my husband i was holding him while he laid on his side as i was falling asleep i felt my body being pulled away from my husband, i was felt like i was in the air just floating rotating, i remeber my sleep paralysis and sometimes i dont remember like i honeslty can say that i woke up on the floor got up after the paralysis was over and jumped in my bed went to sleep. i get them at least twice a week lately this month it has been freuent not sure why i havent went to the dr people think im crazy when i was fifthteen my mother took me to a counseler they tried dianosing me with schizophrenia eh no. but i honestly can say this experience is a gift not many people experience it.

    ReplyDelete