Friday, February 15, 2013

My Daughters Imaginary Friends

My daughter, at a very young age, started speaking to imaginary friends. I call them that because I could not see them.

My daughter was from birth a very happy child that seldom cried and by the time she reached 16 months had endless conversations with her imaginary friends Javid and Carlyndin now these are names that she would not have heard in our household as we know no-one by those names.

Now I want to know could they have been ghosts that my daughter was playing with? When we moved from that house she asked me if Javid and Carlyndin could come with to the new house. I told her nope as the new house is going to be too small for all of us and I heard her tell her friends that. When I asked her what they said to that her reply was its ok they will stay at the old house.

She carried on speaking about them for awhile saying that she misses them and wants to go back to the old house.

Carol

1 comment:

  1. I am a Spiritual Director. And the answer to your question is YES. Your daughter was speaking to spirits/souls. There are 4 different places a soul can inhabit after leaving it's body (i.e. dying). They can go to heaven, purgatory (which is the lower part of heaven and a place for souls to expiate sins before being allowed to enter heaven) or hell. The fourth place they can go the earth where they will wander around until judgement day. Most likely your daughter was speaking to a souls that are wandering. They were probably haunting that house. Did you ever find out if people named David or Carolyn ever died there? It is a good thing you moved. Not that they would have harmed her (although they could if they were evil souls). But, well, it's creepy.

    ReplyDelete