Wednesday, December 16, 2009

The Moving Furniture

It was 1998, I was 11 years of age. I remember me, my mother and my father living in a house. We had an old next door neighbor called Arnold. He was getting on in his years but he always used to visit us and he thought everything in his house was fussy, he never had it right. So its hobby was to move his furniture around. He died in  march 1998, his funeral next door actually in his house. Me and my parents we're invited, but I knew things would change.

The next night I was asleep in my bed and I heard something brush against the carpet, I looked up and say nothing, then I heard whispering. I was so scared I screamed. My mother came running in and her face dropped when she saw that the sofa in front of my bed was against the wall! I moved to the spare room for the night and I was fine there.

The next morning I went in the shower, I heard the whispering again and I could make out someone whispering 'that doesn't look right there', immediately after all the conditioners and shampoos fell off the bathroom counter! We packed our bags and moved with our grandparents, we never went back!

This story happened to me at the age of 11 and I will never forget that.

Sent in by Alexander Drew, Copyright 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment