Saturday, December 20, 2008

Old Man In Striped Pajamas

My nanna told me these stories of her old house in Adelaide, and I thought I would share them.

The first incident I was told of was how a man in striped pajamas had gave my nanna a back rub whist she was showering he also loved to play with her hair, when she said stop he would one day she watched him walk out after she told him she would like to be in peace whilst showering.

The next I was about three. I was playing in the kitchen with my toys, when my nanna was out back hanging clothes. She had heard me talking and came inside as her and I were the only ones home, she recalls that as soon as she walked through the door I was saying why aren't you at work papa, she said to me he is at work and who I was talking to I replied papa he was in his pajamas and sat down with me on the floor, she knew who it really was and asked what colour the pajamas were I replied by pointing to a green toy car and saying green nanny she said to me that it was a ghost and I should not be scared of him as he was kind and she also said if I see him again ask why he cant move on he replied to me I need to kiss my wife on last time. We had later found out his wife was in the shower when he had died of a heart attack in their bed. My nanna soon moved to Kadina when my pop had a heart attack, now some one else owns that house.

Reminder, my nan told me these stories. I don't remember talking to him I was too young.

By Bec, Copyright 2009 Willard E Hughes Jr.

No comments:

Post a Comment