Thursday, May 1, 2008

Shadow Ghost In My Room

Once, when I was eight, six years ago, I was a sleep and I woke up because it was cold. I leaned over the bed to get my quilt when I felt a presence and I turned slightly to the right and I saw a shadow fly across the wall and into the opposite wall.

I flew backwards on my bed and squeezed my eyes shut. I peeked a little and saw it hanging over me. I couldn't define its face except that it was blurry and I could hear breathing above me.

I laid there for a couple of minutes  and then I felt it float over my leg and it was like drowning in a bucket of ice cold water. As soon as I knew it was gone I turned over and scrambled off the bed and nearly smooshed my sister in my mad frenzy to escape.

I ran out of the room and to my mom screaming and she was like "what? What is it?" I broke down telling her about the ghost in my room and she just looked at me kinda funny and said, "honey it was just a figment of your imagination." I knew that protesting wasn't going to work so I said, "mom can I sleep with you ?"

To this day I never ever sleep without my blankets over my head just because I think that a ghost might take control of my body.

Sent in by Sinopia Rogers, Copyright 2008

1 comment: