Friday, June 14, 2013

My Guardian Angel Mama Kika

When I was about 8 years old, my Mama Kika (my Grandmas nickname) had died from a heart attack (R.I.P). Well, my ghost story is just weird, but it was worth it to me. Right now I am 15... but I still remember my grandmas face when I saw her one last time after she had died.

I came from school one day before spring was beginning in the year 2003. I went into my dads room to watch sum T.V. I've been in his room technically the WHOLE day.

I got bored of watching television so I went back and forth around my house. I was looking for some movies or video games (I know I'm a girl, but I loved playing video games). Well, I didn't find anything so I just gave up.

My dad came home from work around 5:00 p.m that afternoon. He went back out the house to go mow the lawn. Then that's when I had the hairs on my back stand up!

I thought it was all in my head until I heard some slippers sliding on the ground. I was thinking that my brother was playing around so I called out his name,  "Christian!" I got no answer, then the door from the house opened and my brother came in. He was asking why I was calling him. I told him what I was hearing and just told me that I was crazy (we were kids so of course people would think we would be crazy).

I got mad and went to my dads room. I found some movies to watch.

After I have finished some of the movies, I got bored and started to dress up and put some makeup on to take pictures (I still sometimes do that).

Once I got my stuff to put on, I hear the slippers again. This time I thought it was my dad, but it turned out it really wasn't. I got scared and just sat on his bed under the blankets.

I sat up again, this time with the blankets off of my face. Then I stared at myself in the mirror thinking to myself, "Am I really going crazy"? I just sat there for about half an hour or so still staring at myself. Then I looked at the other side of the mirror in fear... it was my grandmas face! I got scared and started crying with the hairs on my neck standing.

I almost fell off the bed until I felt something push me firmly back onto bed.

At about 10:00 p.m, my mother came home and saw that my eyes were red and puffy. She asked me if I've been crying. I explained to her about how I heard the noise of slippers as if they were heading towards me to how I've seen my grandma in the mirror.

My mother then started crying and telling me, "Mija," (which means daughter in Spanish), "your grandma isn't here to scare you baby...she's here to take care of you". Then that's when it hit me. I remember her always taking care of me, playing with me when I was a little kid about 4 or 5 years old. My grandma WAS watching out for me, and to take care of me.

'Til this very day, I sometimes still hear her slippers walking towards me, but that's a sign that I know she's here taking care of me while I'm home alone.

Sent in by Cindy

No comments:

Post a Comment