Saturday, August 16, 2014

Haunted Manor House in Williamsburg Virginia

This summer my friends Corinne and Derek and I stayed at a resort. It was awfully nice and the rooms were great. Each family got a two story suite.

We had decided to take a long walk on the way to the pool. About mid-way there we stopped and saw this huge mansion. It was worn with age but it was yet beautiful. Corinne's face was blank as we walked toward it. "This is the Manor House," she said, "I saw it in a brochure at the check-in house. This house is haunted and whoever walks through the gate is cursed."

I quickly grabbed Derek's shirt, he was only half a step away from walking in. I have always believed in ghosts from many personal experiences. So we agreed to go straight to the pool to avoid anything scary happening. As I was turning around to walk I saw an old lady with a Bonnet on her head wearing pilgrim like clothing. She smirked at us and walked away from the window. I jumped and told both of them what was going on.

Later that night we were all watching TV while our parents were talking. I had one of those moments when my eyes focused in and they just so happened to focus on a portrait. I stuttered over my words "Mumumumumumumumumum.... Manor House!" Corinne and Derek looked over and saw the house too. We all gasped and got up from the sofa to get a better look. Low and behold as I was searching around at the house. I saw an old lady with a Bonnet on her head standing wearing pilgrim like clothing in the same window I saw her in. We all gasped even louder.

For the rest of the week we were still a little shocked but yet comfortable in our hotel. On check out day I saw the exact same portrait. I walked to see the date the picture was painted and saw July 12, 1887. I thought, "How could the lady in the painting from 1887 be here today in 2009?" A young man walked up and said, "You know that house has a ghost story to it. People see the ghost of Mrs. Katy DeLuibve all the time. She's that lady in the right there in that window." As he turned and walked away my face grimaced. I never really told them that the lady we saw in the window was indeed a ghost.

This scared me so much! It was more intense than it sounds.

Written by Brenton, Copyright 2009 http://www.ghost-space.com/

3 comments:

  1. Very interesting story. I did some searching for "Manor House" in Virginia and wasnt able to figure out which place you are talking about. It would be cool to know tha location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you people are really good nice to be here

    ReplyDelete
  3. web design sheffield,website designers sheffieldApril 25, 2012 at 11:56 PM

    I do consider all the ideas you've presented to your post. They're very convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very short for starters. Could you please lengthen them a bit from subsequent time? Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete