Sunday, June 17, 2012

The Ghost on the Stairs Looked at Me

My grandparents house has been known to be haunted for at least 2 decades. In the past TV's have turned on and off at will, things move, black figures are seen at the corner of your eyes, muffled voices are heard, and the most famous paranormal activity of all is the sightings of what my cousins call, "The White Lady."


The White Lady is a ghost that my older cousins, who were at the time toddlers, used to talk about. Both my grandmother and grandfather are aware of the fact that there house might be haunted. There are many disturbing events that have happened in the past that many can not explain. I had always wondered if "The White Lady" was real. And in October of 2008 I believe I finally met her.


Many people have felt a strange presence when they travel up the stairs to the second floor. It's kinda hard to explain, but, it just has a eerie feeling that makes you feel uneasy. It's also quieter than the rest of the house when you start to descend the staircase. Anyway, to me this was the perfect place for me to see a ghost. Which I did. Right at the top of the stairs.


I was spending a night or two overnight at my grandparents house. There had been family problems in the past and it had been many years sense I slept there overnight. I just, wasn't close with them that much. So, my grandfather offered to sleep in the guest room while me and my grandmother slept in the master bedroom in a huge bed.


It had been a while where I was asleep, and for some reason I still don't understand, I randomly woke up and sat up in bed. I focused towards the bedroom door that was partly open because it would not fully close. I only starred at the door for maybe 10 seconds or less, when I saw a white apparition of a women standing at the top of the staircase. (When you look outside the master bedroom door you can look out directly at the top of the staircase.) Now, but I wasn't thinking then, I thought about the " White Lady." I feel I truly saw her.


The apparition was cloudy. Not see threw like I have heard in other ghost stories. She was a cloudy upright figure. She had no color anywhere. She was a almost perfect outline of a woman. I could see the outline of her hair, waist, head, her arms resting at her sides, and a ankle length dress. She had a very graceful walk. And to me, she seemed like a younger woman. Maybe very young. She was staring down the hallway where my grandfather was sleeping. She looked straight ahead for most of the time I saw her. But, what really startles me now, is that she looked at me. I saw her rather slowly move her head sideways and look right at me. She had no face. Just a flat slightly curved head.


I realize know why my cousin's called the phantom the " White Lady." Everything about her was white. She was a white apparition. It was pretty easy to see her. While she looked at me, I think know about that she looked at me longer than usual. She didn't just give me a glance and vanish. She looked at me for about 5-8 seconds, and formed into a mist like form and floated quickly into the next room. Then I went back to sleep. I haven't seen her sense then. But I want to so badly.


Ask me anything about my experience. Your opinions too.


Written by Haley Cook, Copyright 2012

1 comment:

  1. I believe you...I have had experiences like this myself. It sounds like this is someone who is connected to this place and doesn't want to leave...or possibly isn't able to for some reason.

    What other events happened there in the past? How long has the house been there?

    Thanks for sharing your story here.

    ReplyDelete