Thursday, May 31, 2012

The Ghost Within

It was 1992 I was living in a small house adjacent to my uncles house. It's a 2 bedroom house and I live alone. My parents and older brother was living in Singapore at that time. I stayed behind in the Philippines because frankly I enjoy being around my friends, I was a teenager back then, you know how it is.

Looking out my bedroom window you can see trees and a few feet away is the road. Now the story is (according to the neighbors who lived in the area for a long time) someone found a dead body in the road near my bedroom, it was a female and she was raped and beaten badly. No one was found guilty of the crime. Sometimes when I come home around 1am or 2am from hanging out with friends I would hear these cries for help.

The sound seems to come from far away as I can barely hear it. Sometimes though it would be loud enough for me to plainly hear a woman crying for help. It freaked me out. I was alone in the house and you hear things like that in your bedroom, it would scare any adult let alone a teenager. I told this to my friends and they just shrug me off with over excited imagination. It became so frequent that I would hear it 3 times a week. What can I do? nothing.

So I would just cover my head with a pillow every time I went to bed, frightened. Every morning I would think why I never heard it before when my parents were around. I honestly have no idea why. A month had passed since I started hearing the cries for help. One afternoon a friend of mine invited me to a party. It was a lot of fun and took my mind off the eerie noise I hear at night. The party ended at around 10pm. Hung out with some friends before I finally went home. Time was around 12:40am. It was really hot so I went for a quick shower. I couldn't sleep right away because of it was so hot.

I was lying in my right side and wide awake. The lights were off but there was enough lights outside seeping in I could see around my bedroom. Then just like that I felt like a cold breeze, like someone opened a freezer door and letting all the cold out. I kept thinking, what the?? What's going on? I was about to turn to my left side and check the windows but halfway through my turn I froze at what I saw!. Right there at the foot of my bed was a  ghost, it was floating, dressed in a long dirty white gown. I sat bolt upright! I couldn't comprehend what I was seeing! I was screaming but nothing was coming out of my mouth. I actually thought I was gonna die right there, that's how scared I was. Its gown was flowing, like wind was passing trough it. Then finally I managed to let out a cry for help, and I shouted at this "thing" to leave me alone and manage to throw one of my pillows at it. And just like that it vanished. I rushed out the house and straight to my uncle's house and started hammering my fists at the door. He was surprised to see me at that hour of the night. I told him what happened and I was so upset because he wouldn't believe me. I said, believe what you want but I aint going back in that house!

The following morning I did go back to the house, sat in my bed and kept thinking of what happened. I was actually at a lost for word. It felt so weird having witnessed that. I didn't know what to do, who to talk to or ask for help. I didn't sleep in my room ever since, my uncle was kind enough to let me sleep in their spare room. My uncle told my mom whom also did not believe me.

A neighbor a couple of days later heard my story and told me she saw it too one time when she was coming home late. She saw it by the road near my bedroom window. Instead of being relieved because someone finally believes me I got even more frightened. I never saw that ghost again, nor did I sleep in my own bedroom again but that experience I will never forget. who can?. The fear, I can never forget the fear I felt.

Sent in by Eddie V Copyright 2012 ghost-space.com

No comments:

Post a Comment